We're looking for someone to be based at our office space at Bethpage, in Long Island, to assist with the construction work that is already going on now and that will increase over the next year. By joining our growing multidisciplinary team, you would be involved in several projects along the country, mostly in the business and retail area, and responsible for following up their progress and for being our liaison with our consultants, along with maintaining the relationships we have established with our clients.
Key responsibilities for the role
- Understand the design intent and transform it into detailed drawing sets at the design development and construction document level.
- Formulate design decisions and present them for discussion.
- Oversee design execution through construction administration and assist in reviewing shop drawings, approval of material samples, site visits to document construction progress and resolve any issues that arise during construction.
- Day-to-day client contact, for communication and coordination throughout all project phases.
- When required by the project leader, take responsibility for the project development and/or to be able to coordinate and resolve technical challenges that may arise.
- Drawing review and a working knowledge of the applicable codes, for quality control and code compliance.
- Coordinate with all project disciplines and contractors and consultants involved.
- 5 years of related professional experience, as a licensed Architect.
- Strong technical proficiency with Archicad and Microsoft Office (Excell, Word).
- Legally able to work in the US and should be able to start as soon as possible.
- Preference for local applicants, since no relocation expenses will be provided.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English (mandatory) and Portuguese (optional).